WINNERS RESIN BEAST 2020 INSTAGRAM EDITION
Swirling That Paint Like A Fine Wine
Judging by Creature Caster and Vincent Venturella
“This was a wonderful piece, truly fantastic use of desaturated colours and detail. Nothing was overlooked or overdone, everything was perfectly in it’s place. The minor Orange OSL to draw the eye to the otherwise potentially flat face, the lower halo of orange/yellow pop around the bottom of the model and of course the wonderful work with the cabinet of nasty goods on the back. Easy choice for my top pick.”
First Print Unreleased NEW DRAGON Miniature from Creature Caster
or $180 USD value Reward Certificate
Making Simon Nod Approvingly
Judging by Creature Caster’s own Simon Sung
“The free hand detailing on the shield was twisted and kept to the baroque nature of the King.
There are many elements in this model and they were executed with great skill and artistry. The wrap of the glaive was one of my favourite elements. It felt softer than the other elements and it showed that the artist had this in mind while bringing it to life.
A lot of care went into the shading and lighting of the model and I especially like the way you did the reflections of the metals.
The hightlights are nicely applied and carefully blended in (especially the face and hands). I like seeing the splashes of magenta and cyan adding more coldness.
Outstanding work! I am nodding with approval.”
King or Queen Miniature from Creature Caster
or $120 USD value Reward Certificate
Climbing the Spikey Resin Ladder
Judging by Creature Caster
“This category is for someone who has been painting for 2 or less years but, looking at that blend on the weapon, you would not be able to tell this was done by someone who has minimal painting experience.”
Lord or Lady Miniature from Creature Caster
or $80 USD value Reward Certificate
RESIN BEAST 2020 INSTAGRAM EDITION CONTEST DETAILS
How to Participate:
Use #resinbeast2020 on your new Instagram pictures of a work-in-progress or newly completed Creature Caster model from September 6 to October 17.
Every Friday between September 6 to October 17, we will give out two separate $25 (USD value) reward certificates by random draw. That means two lucky participants each week! Entrants will only be entered once per week regardless of how many posts they make.
- Creature Caster Models ONLY.
- Conversions welcome, but original model must be clearly identifiable.
- NO scratch-built models. Exception: base elements or diorama components can be scratch-built, provided main focus of the entry is a Creature Caster model.
- 3rd party bases/elements used for basing are allowed, provided they are not the focus of the entry.
(If in doubt about any conversions or alterations, please message us on Instagram.)
Other Entry Details:
- Clear photography. Preferred: white/black backgrounds or lightly-textured backgrounds. We recommend NOT using competing/busy backgrounds so we can really see the model and your paint job!
This is not a photo-taking contest, so please limit use of: effects, coloured lights, photoshopping, etc.
- Only one official entrant per entry. If the work was done as a collaboration, only one of the collaborators may enter into the contest and will be given sole consideration when awarding prizes and credit for the entry.
- The paint job must be your own work. You may not enter someone else’s creation under your own name.
Categories and Prizes
1x Swirling That Paint Like A Fine Wine
to be judged by seasoned artists in the Community
First Print Unreleased NEW DRAGON Miniature from Creature Caster
or $180 USD value Reward Certificate
1x Making Simon Nod Approvingly
to be judged by Creature Caster’s giggliest human, Simon
King or Queen Miniature from Creature Caster
or $120 USD value Reward Certificate
1x Climbing the Spikey Resin Ladder
novice painter with less than 2 years experience painting
Lord or Lady Miniature from Creature Caster
or $80 USD value Reward Certificate
2x/week Painting Away the Pandemic – 2 randomly drawn participation rewards (by using #resinbeast2020 in your Instagram post) $25 USD value (each) Reward Certificates
Judging for categories will take place starting October 18.
Category Prize Awards will be presented at the end of October.
All reward certificate prizes are for the Creature Caster Web Store only. Cannot be exchanged for cash.
Entries will be categorized by us here at Creature Caster. We will look at all entries and choose what category suits the entry.
Yes, any miniature from the Creature Caster range of models can be used for any category. Size doesn’t matter – we just really want to see our models painted! Have fun with any Creature Caster model that gets your paint-spiration flowing, whether you already own it or want to add it to your collection.
No. Big or small, we want to see them all. Just make sure that our model is the focus of the piece (as this is a Creature Caster painting competition).
Nope! The beauty of online contests is that anyone from around the world can join.
That would be no fun! Share the love. But maybe luck will also grant you one of the randomly drawn participation prizes before you land a top placement.
“To enter, post a new photo of your Creature Caster miniature work with the hashtag #resinbeast2020 by 10/17/20 at 11:59PT. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Resin Beast is open to legal residents worldwide, 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules, methods of entry, odds of winning, and prize details at the link in our bio. Sponsor: G.G. Creative Inc. DBA Creature Caster, 3201 Sundance Drive, West Kelowna, BC, Canada V4T 1S4.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
The RESIN BEAST INSTAGRAM EDITION (the “Contest”) begins September 6, 2020 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT (“Contest Period”). The sponsor of the Contest is G.G. Creative Inc. DBA Creature Caster (the “Sponsor” or “Creature Caster”). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering the Contest, you (“Entrant” or “you”) accept and agree to follow these Official Rules. Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeper of the Contest.
- Who is Eligible:The Contest is open to residents worldwide who are age 18 years or older at the time of entry in the country in which they reside. By submitting an entry, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and any other requirements designated by Sponsor. The Contest is governed by Canada law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, fulfillment and advertising, prize providers and promotion agencies (“Promotion Entities”), their immediate family, members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and those living in the same household of each such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of Entrants and Winners.
- How to Enter: To enter, you must have an Instagram account and your account must be set to “public”. Creating an Instagram account is free and can be obtained by visiting www.instagram.com and following the onscreen instructions to create an account. You understand that your account activities, including any with respect to this Contest, are therefore subject to any applicable terms and privacy policies of that platform.
Post a photo of your new Instagram picture of a work-in-progress or newly created Creature Caster miniature with the hashtag #resinbeast2020 and follow the criteria and other details listed in the RESIN BEAST 2020 INSTAGRAM EDITION SEPT 6 TO OCT 17 section above.
Contest: There will be a total number of winners as stated in the Categories and Prizes section above. All contest winners will be notified by or before October 30, 2020 via direct message using winner’s handle used for the entry. All decisions made by Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. Winner will only be selected if he/she has complied with the Official Rules.
Random Drawing: There will be a total number of winners as stated in the Categories and Prizes section above. Winners of the random drawing will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received. Random drawings will be conducted each week at about 2:00 PM PT on Friday. All random winners will be notified by or before October 30, 2020 via direct message using winner’s handle used for the entry. All decisions made by Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. Winner will only be selected if he/she has complied with the Official Rules.
Alternate Method of Entry (“AMOE”) for Random Drawing
Entrants may submit an e-mail entry to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each AMOE must include the entrant’s:
- Instagram handle
Limit of one (1) AMOE per entrant. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible AMOE entries received.
Contest winners and Random Drawing winners are collectively referred to as “Winners”.
LIMIT ONE (1) WINNER PER INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PER CONTEST CATEGORY PRIZE.
- Prize Information; Approximate Retail Value and Odds of Winning: Please see the Categories and Prizes section above.
Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prizes awarded. If any one item is not available at the time of the drawing of the Winner, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that unavailable portion of the Prize with a substitute item of equal value. Additional Prize award details may be provided to the Winner at the time of the Prize notification. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize element, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
The odds of winning the random drawing depend upon the number of valid entries received. Each Winner must execute and return any legally permitted documents that Sponsor may require, within five (5) business days from notification in order to receive the prize. Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute an alternative prize(s) of equal or greater value. If a Winner either fails to timely provide his or her mailing address or declines a prize or fails to comply with any of the Official Rules, or if any prize is returned as undeliverable, such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner of the random drawing may be chosen from the remaining pool of entries in accordance with the terms of the Official Rules at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, country, state and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with any prize. Where applicable, the prizes shall be delivered by Sponsor or Sponsor’s designated agent to the Winners within the jurisdiction of the domicile provided by each Winner.
- Winner Notification: All Winners will be notified by Sponsor via a private message to the Winner’s Instagram account used to enter the Contest with additional instructions. If a Winner does not respond within one (1) week to the notification sent to his/her account after two (2) notifications have been sent by Sponsor, such Winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award to another eligible entrant chosen from the remaining pool of entries in accordance with the terms set forth herein. All verified and eligible Winners will be tagged (using only their Instagram username used to enter the Contest) under the original post on the official CREATURE CASTER Instagram account during the Contest Period.
By accepting the prize, the Winner consents to Sponsor’s use of their name, social media handle, photograph and/or likeness, address, voice, and statements made by or attributed to them in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for all business purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on a social media handle, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the social media handle submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a social media handle by a social media platform, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning social media handles.
For the name of the winner of the Contest write to: RESIN BEAST 2020 c/o G.G. Creative Inc. DBA Creature Caster, 3201 Sundance Drive, West Kelowna, BC, Canada V4T1S4 by October 31, 2020. Sponsor is located at 3201 Sundance Drive, West Kelowna, BC, Canada V4T1S4.
Canadian residents, if selected as a random drawing winner, must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, by phone or email before such winner can be declared a winner of any prize.
- Disqualification: Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. Further, an Entrant’s entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if Entrant: a. enters the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules,
b. attempts to disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tampers with any component of the Contest; or
c. submits his or her Entry after the expiration of the Contest Period
If any of the above occurs, Sponsor has the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention, and to seek damages from Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Liability Release: To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify, and hold Instagram, Sponsor, Sponsor’s Licensors and Promotion Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including any activity related thereto, including without limitation to the fullest extent permitted by law personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by Entrant or a third party. By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to abide by and accept as final the Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to appeal.
- Publicity Release: To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, all Entrants grant Sponsor perpetual, worldwide permission to use, except where prohibited by law, any Entrant’s name, Instagram username, image, likeness, and state of residence, for Sponsor’s advertising and promotional purposes in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world and on the Internet in perpetuity, without compensation or additional consents from Entrant and prior notice, approval or inspection.
- MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: THE SPONSOR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ENTRIES. THE SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR TELEPHONE LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS, OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, FAILURE OF ANY EMAIL OR ENTRY TO BE RECEIVED BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, HUMAN ERROR OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANT’S OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S COMPUTER RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS IN THIS CONTEST. IF FOR ANY REASON THIS CONTEST IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED DUE TO INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR WHICH CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY, OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS CONTEST, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO TAMPERS WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS AND/OR TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THE CONTEST.
- INFORMATION: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT GRANTS TO SPONSOR PERMISSION TO COLLECT, PROCESS, AND USE PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ENTRANT (INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, EMAIL ADDRESS, MAILING ADDRESS, AND COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE) AND TO TRANSFER SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE OR COUNTRY TO CREATURE CASTER, INC., IN CANADA, WHICH MAY HAVE DIFFERENT PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION LAWS THAN ENTRANT’S STATE OF RESIDENCE OR COUNTRY.
Entrant may request access to and/or correction or deletion of Entrant’s personal information (in connection with the Contest) at any time by submitting such request to email@example.com Any inquiries or complaints with respect to Entrant’s personal information should also be channeled to Sponsor in this manner. Entrant further acknowledges that it will be necessary for Sponsor to store and process Entrant’s personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest, without which Entrant will not be able to participate in the Contest.
- Governing Law: By entering the Contest, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that these Official Rules, the Contest, and all disputes related thereto are governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
- Disclaimer: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrant understands that by entering this Contest, entrant is providing information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. ANY AND ALL COMMENTS MADE BY ENTRANTS REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
- Right to Cancel Contest: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- Quebec Entrants: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- EU Entrants:
a. G.G. Creative Inc. DBA Creature Caster, 3201 Sundance Drive, West Kelowna, BC, Canada V4T1S4 is responsible for the processing of personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR”).
- The processing of personal data (Instagram handle or email address, depending on sweepstakes or contest) of the entrants is carried out for the purpose of handling the Contest. The personal data is used to identify the entrants, to notify them of winnings and to process any winnings. The data will only be transferred on to third parties (e.g. shipping service providers) if this is necessary for the handling of the sweepstake. The personal data is being processed within Canada. The data will be deleted as soon as the sweepstake has been completed. Under no circumstances will the data be stored for more than one year.
Legal basis for such data processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
c. As a person concerned, you have various rights in connection with the processing of your personal data.
- If you wish to assert your rights to information, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, object to data processing or revoke your consent to data processing, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to information
You have the right to information about your personal data processed by us and to the following information:
– the processing purposes;
– the categories of personal data being processed;
– the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or are being disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
– if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
– the existence of a right to rectification or deletion of your personal data, to restricting the processing of your personal data or to object to such processing;
– the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
– if the personal data is not collected from you, all available information about the origin of the data;
– the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling in accordance with Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject.
– in the case of the transfer of personal data to a third country or an international organization, on the appropriate safeguards under Article 46 GDPR in relation to the transfer
Right to rectification
You have the right to immediately request the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, the completion of incomplete personal data – also by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request the immediate erasure of personal data concerning you and we are obliged to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
– The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
– You revoke your consent on which the processing was based under Article 6 (1)(a) or Article 9 (2)(a) of the GDPR and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
– You object to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing or you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (2) GDPR;
– Your personal data has been processed unlawfully;
– The deletion of your personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which we are subject;
– The personal data have been collected in relation to information society services provided in accordance with Article 8 (1) GDPR.
If we have made personal data public and are obliged to erase personal data in accordance with Art. 17 (1) GDPR, we will take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform controllers who process the personal data you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to or copies or replications of, those personal data.
These rights do not apply to the extent that processing is necessary.
– to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
– to fulfil a legal obligation required for processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which we are subject;
– to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request us to restrict processing if one of the following conditions is met:
– the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period of time that enables us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
– the processing is unlawful and you oppose to delete the personal data and instead requests the restriction of the use of your personal data;
– we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but you do need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
– you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate interests of our company override your legitimate interests.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance, provided that the processing is based on a consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. a) or Article 9 (2)(a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1)(b) GDPR and the processing is carried out by automated means.
When exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to have your personal data transferred directly by us to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
Right of objection
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6(1)(e) or (f) GDPR, including profiling based on these provisions. We will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right of revocation
You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.