Last updated on December 20, 2020
This policy applies to your use of the “Services,” which means any of our websites, applications, or other products or services that link to this policy.
G.G. Creative Inc. DBA Creature Caster (“Creature Caster”) and our subsidiaries operate and support the Services from different locations around the world. When we say Services, we’re referring to the relevant Creature Caster entity identified for your region in the How to Contact Us section of the policy below. This Creature Caster entity is responsible for providing the Services to you and is the controller of information collected under this policy.
- Personally Identifiable Information Generally
We only collect and process your personally identifiable information (“PII”) when we have an appropriate basis including but not limited to providing services that are subject to terms you have accepted, complying with legal obligations, pursuing legitimate interests (in accordance with applicable law) and performing maintenance on the Services. We may request for your consent for certain processing of your PII.
- How We Collect Information
- You Voluntarily Provide Us Information
For this method of collection, you provide your PII to us when you use the Services. Some examples of your provision of information to us are:
- You create a Creature Caster account;
- You elect to order and purchase certain Creature Caster products and/or services;
- You contact us for any reason such as for customer support;
- You link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account; and/ or
- You complete a survey, participate in any of our social media platforms, enter into a competition or contest, join our club, sign up for new product updates via email or any other voluntary provision of information to us
The PII we collect from the above processes may vary depending on the circumstances and may include but is not limited to your name, screen name, e-mail address, phone number, shipping address and date of birth. This PII is used for the specific purpose it is collected for such as using your phone number to call you back regarding a customer support issue, using your address to send you your order to or award you a prize or using your name in the creation of your account. In particular, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact customer service, or purchase, return, request, or exchange a product or service from us, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as your public posts; and
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices.
- (b)We Automatically Collect Information
For this method of collection, we collect your PII when you use the Services via our technology, which includes but is not limited to web browsers, cookies, log files, web beacons and any other method of collection whereby data is transmitted from our website and applications.
The information collected with the technology described above might only be able to identify you when combined with other information collected rather than identifying you when used alone.
We may aggregate and de-identify your PII, and the information collected as described above, may be used for data analytics, preventing fraud and other misuse of the Services, improving the Services and developing new features for Services. The information we may collect automatically via our technology may include but is not limited to:
- Technical information about your device, hardware or software used to access the Services which includes but is not limited to your IP address, operating system and/or browser;
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Services, which includes but is not limited to information related to your website viewing history such as URLs visited and time spent and activities undertaken using the Services such as clicks on pages;
- Location of your device via your IP address or other geolocation mechanism; and/or
- Crash reports.
Third parties may be providing services within the Services and the technology of such third parties may be collecting information regarding your use of the Services. Those third-party services are subject to the privacy policies of such third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties.
- We Receive Information from Others
Use of Collected Information
We collect, process and use the information we collect from you, including PII, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
- To provide you with access to and allow you to use the Services;
- To personalize your experience with Services;
- To analyze your use of and the operation of the Services;
- To improve and develop the Services;
- To administer your account;
- To provide you with technical and customer support when requested;
- To notify you of new updates, features, enhancements of the Services;
- To communicate with you about events, forums, features, sales, promotions and purchase opportunities in relation to our products and the Services;
- To prevent fraud and other forms of misconduct in relation to the Services, including to comply with applicable law and ensure the safety of the users of the Services and others;
- To notify you of product recalls or safety issues; and
- To market our products and the Services to you where we have your consent to do so.
Sharing of Collected Information
We share the information collected from you, including PII, with the following types of recipients:
- Third-party service providers that help us support the provision and use of the Services including but not limited to providers of cloud hosting, analytics or other technical tools and user support services;
- Law enforcement or regulatory authorities, government agencies, courts of law or other related third parties, where we believe in good faith that we are under legal obligation, legally permitted to do so, or believe it is necessary to prevent fraud, misconduct, harmful or illegal acts, violation of our terms of service or to protect our rights or those of our licensors;
- Third parties in connection with a business transfer such as a merger or acquisition of any part of our business, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets to another company; and
Your Rights for Collection and Use of Information
We are required to seek your consent to use your PII for any purpose inconsistent with the purposes identified herein.
You may withdraw your consent to any of the PII processing purposes identified herein by contacting us at the email address in the How to Contact Us section below. Note that some processing purposes are required for operation of the Services, and without them, your user experience may be affected.
You may opt-out of any communications we send to you, such as marketing e-mails, by following the instructions to do so in the relevant message.
You have the right to request access to, correction of and/or deletion of your PII by contacting us at the email address in the How to Contact Us section below.
How We Protect PII
We have implemented and maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your PII and other information from unauthorized access, use, modification, loss and/or disclosure. To the extent applicable law requires, we will notify you of any security breach that results in any such unauthorized access, use, modification, loss and/or disclosure.
How Long We Retain PII
We store PII for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Our Policy Regarding Children
The Services and our products are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect PII from children without parental or guardian approval in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other applicable laws. In the event we learn that we have collected PII from a child in breach of applicable law, we will take measures required therein such as deletion of the PII since it does not fulfill the purpose it was collected for.
International Transfers of Information
The Services are global and our company has operations around the world. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be transferred and processed outside your country of residence as required to provide such services. Different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, and we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to comply with those laws.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us at the following e-mail address:
Our physical address is:
G.G. Creative Inc. DBA Creature Caster
3201 Sundance Drive
BRITISH COLUMBIA V4T1S4
If the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies to the processing of PII, you have the right to:
- Access your PII;
- Correct your PII;
- Have your PII deleted;
- Restrict and/or object to the processing of your PII; and
- Obtain your PII and request the transfer of such PII.
To exercise of any of the above rights, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
Please note that your right to request access, correction or deletion might be limited if we need to retain some PII to protect/enforce our rights or if exercise of your rights would infringe the rights of others.
California Privacy Rights
- As a California resident, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the PII about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- Knowledge of PII Collected
You have the right to request the following information regarding your PII we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of your PII we have collected;
- The categories of your PII we have collected;
- The categories of sources from which your PII is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your PII; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared or sold your PII.
- (b)Access to PII
You have the right to request a copy of the specific PII we have collected in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity.
- Deletion of PII
You have the right to request the deletion of PII we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions such as the exercise of free speech, detection of security incidents, completion of a transaction for which your PII was collected, compliance with a legal obligation or others listed under Section 1798.105(d) of the California Civil Code.
You have the right to direct us not to sell PII we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future. If you are under the age of 16, you have the right to opt-in, or to have a parent or guardian opt-in on your behalf, to such sales.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for exercising the rights in this section. However, we may charge you a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your Personal Information.
- Exercise your Right of Knowledge, Access and/or Deletion
Making all such requests by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request,” or calling 250-899-2238.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Although we try to limit the PII collected in connection with a request to exercise the knowledge, access or deletion rights to that PII identified in your request, certain requests may require us to obtain additional PII from you. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the knowledge, access and/or deletion rights, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity.
- To Exercise Your Right to Opt-Out of PII Sales
We do not sell PII to third parties. If that should change, we will make available to you a method to opt-out of such sale.
We do not and will not “sell” the PII of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization from either the minor who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a minor less than 13 years of age.
- California’s “Shine the Light” Law
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain types of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified in this section.